Saturday, March 20, 2010

The last on the PeeWees

Today, I found a third peewee youngster, but he/she had passed away a couple of days ago.  Peewee 2 is still sitting in the fork of the hybiscus tree and the parents are still feeding it.  So there is still a chance.
I think the PeeWees undoing was more sinister than a crow attack, but I have no proof.  Some don't realise how wonderful nature is, be it 'only' a peewee, but in years to come they too may have the same interest as I have had in the whole process of nest building to flying away safely.

Both parents have stayed right through the whole process and are still in the area, even though the little ones are no longer in the nest.
So another day dawns, less wind today, even though the Cyclone is still hanging about just to the north of us.
Keep Smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging is fun, why not start your own? I'm happy to read your comments, but if you want to sell me something don't bother